Co-ops offer fresh food that is often sourced locally, sustainably or both.
Although there are several co-ops in the metro area, only a few are located near the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campuses. Many co-ops have a specific community development mission. Shopping at a co-op can be environmentally sustainable as well as socially responsible!
- Minneapolis based co-op with a community focus
- 8 stops Westbound on Metro Transit Bus 2 from Washington Ave & Coffman Union
- Package free, local, sustainable market
- 2 stops Westbound from East Bank Station on the Metro Transit Light Rail Green Line then 4 stops Southbound on the Blue Line
- Saint Paul based cooperative
- 10 stops Southbound on Metro Transit Bus 87 from Buford Ave & St. Paul Student Center